Re: Repairs to TS2ki

I've had a few things come up lately that I had to help people with
and thought I should mention them to the list.  If you don't have my
repairs document for TS2ki then email me and I will send a copy to
you.

At the first of the document I tell about doing a clean install of
TS2ki.  I only once had a problem with the way I do this but someone
else recently had a problem so here is the other way.  When I tell you
to copy the whole Omega Research folder to a new folder name then
delete the Omega info in the registry then install over the old folder
and data, very rarely this will not work just right.  So do this
instead or do it if you have a problem.  Just rename the Omega
Research folder to say "OR2"  then do your clean install to the
standard place TS2ki wants to install.  Then copy back the folders to
the new Omega Research folder to give you back all your workspaces and
systems and indicators.  I list the important folders in the document.

The second thing that is in the document I would like to modify
slightly is corrupt workspaces.  They will go bad sooner or later.
One thing I have found that may not always work for you but has worked
great for me for a very long time is if you forget to save your
workspace with a new name before it starts having a problem then do
your best to open the corrupt one and then save it with a new name.  I
really believe that using Save Workspace As then giving it a new name
helps fix some very minor problems which in the end will corrupt the
workspace beyond salvage.  No proof for this but I haven't had to
rebuild a workspace in a long time.  So what I do is partially a
hangover from the first build of TS2ki I open the GS all by itself and
wait for it to connect.  Then I open charting and I always use the
menu that allows me to tell it to open workspaces from last session.
I wont go into the reasons.  I never touch anything on the computer
while it is opening.  If after a long time one space says no data then
I right click that chart and choose format symbol.  Most of the time I
can close that and the data pops up.  If not I do it again and simply
change the days to load.  Say it is 250 days so I just change it to
251 then let it open.

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy Snowden