Re: Setting up Global Server to collect stock data for pre and afterhours markets?

  • To: "Jimmy Snowden" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Setting up Global Server to collect stock data for pre and afterhours markets?
  • From: "jbclem1" <jbclem1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:37:53 -0700

If Sessions is controls what shows on the charts, then what controls the data collection?  Is it the
exchange setup, or does Sessions have an affect also.  I'm puzzled that during the afterhours market
the symbol name, in the quote page, will flash but the price doesn't change.  And there is no data
being stored for that symbol.  Do I need to reboot, or restart the Global Server, before the changes
made to an exchange(ie...adding a second session) will stick?

Or is is possible that Hyperserver Lite doesn't transmit the prices in the pre and afterhours
markets?  You can see the symbols flashing in their RealTime Monitor, but the prices are mute.

John