Re: Need Data Bad-DTN Sat Feed

Clayton,

 I'm using DTN IQFeed and after trying various programs that translate it
into TS2000i, I've found  one that works with no apparent
problems...HyperServer Lite from HyperTrader (www.hypertrader.it ).  The
reason I'm mentioning them is that amongst their free programs(which include
Hyperserver Lite) is the excellent Online Downloader.  With this downloader
you can tap into the DTN history data and download 120 days of minute data,
6(not 8 like DTN advertises) days of tick data, and also Daily data (I don't
remember how much but I get 1000 days per symbol).  RT Soft also has a
similiar downloader but I haven't tried it.  And so does Dynastore.

I really like the design of the Online Downloader but I couldn't get it to
work with my futures symbols until I switched to their HyperServer Lite (I
was using Dynastore for IQFeed ).  To get HyperServer Lite to work with DTN
data I had to start from scratch and enter all my symbols again into the
HyperServer subserver version of the Global Server.  That was the only
drawback, I couldn't get the data collected to chart in TS2000i until I put
in new symbols.  But that gave the complete use of the Online Downloader and
once you get it setup that will solve your back data problems.  It's a nice,
user friendly and well thoughtout program. They also have a History Plugin
which does the same but imports directly into the Global Server (with the
Online Downloader you have to import manually...but it's very easy and quick
to do).  Alas, I haven't got the History Plugin to work yet with their
Hyperserver, although it worked fine with Dynastore.

If you need anymore specific information just contact me off the list.

John