Re: Fwd: Re: cracking .ELS files

That was a password protected file.  It was not transferred in protected mode.

At 01:27 PM 4/15/2004, you wrote:

Eduardo (or anyone who can shed some light on this) --

for sure his claims are correct.

How do you know?

I just got the answer to this question:
Bill Brower sent him a 'protected' ELS file and he posted the
contents of that file - and Bill Brower verified the message it contained.

about your solution, I'm sorry to tell you that any dll is easy to be
patched as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "patched".  To recover the source code from
a .dll you have to go into the object code and figure out what it is
doing.  This is not a trivial task unless it is only doing something very
simple.

If there is a $$$ incentive for didtributing your stuff, someone will
patch it.

what they won't get is your program logic, as is the case with eld and
els files binary source protected (token ring).
By "patching" do you mean "copying"?

Any application is also patchabe, no matter what you do, someone will do it.

that is why we are unfortunatelly seeing many services and indicators
being offered on web subscription only, but usually those applications
are very slow and lagging.

sorry, but this is the reality, nothing is protected anymore!

EJM

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:46:13 -0600, robert pisani <r.pisani@xxxxxxx>
escreveu:

> De: robert pisani <r.pisani@xxxxxxx>
> Data: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:46:13 -0600
> Para: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Assunto: cracking .ELS files
>
> According the viziblesoft.com, .ELS files can be used to reconstruct the
> source code of a TS-"compiled" routine.  Does anyone know if
viziblesoft's
> claims are correct?
> If they are, it seems the only way to provide reasonable protection is to
> write the code in another language and compile it and create a .dll to be
> called from TS.  Is that the case?

Inside Edge Systems
Bill Brower
www.insideedge.net