Re: off topic

Hello c,

c> maybe women are smarter? :O) or maybe they lurk quiety behind the
c> scenes making kazillians of dollars?

Carol Dannenhauer is Director of Lind Managed Futures and was the only
female  written  about in the book Super Brokers. A very knowledgeable
industry  professional who I admire. She allocated half a million to a
CTA I was associated with one night over dinner.

Jean  Coats who managed a Charles Schwab brokerage firm for many years
after  having  a successful career as one of if not the first woman to
have  traded  on in the pits. Now she writes OEX calls for fun. I used
to program proprietary thingy's for her.

Linda  Satterfield a brilliant X floor trader going way back who is as
an  intuitive  a  trader as I have ever run across. Used to hold round
table  discussions which I attended and learned an awful lot from here
and her guest, and people she officed with like Peter Aan.

Kim  Hanks  a  broker  at Smith Barney who taught me that it was ok to
turn  over a creation and let someone else execute the system. That in
fact  trading  a  system could be an effortless affair, allowing me to
continue  research  projects of mammoth scale which. I would never had
been able to concentrate on otherwise.

Mrs  Brown  who  fearlessly traded my systems very often in my absence
and  had  many  times more faith and courage than I. She closed deals,
patched  data, called brokers and made emergency over riding decisions
when  necessary.  Plus she manages to keep a lid on all my affairs and
me out of "well some" trouble.

Yes  rare in the business are these women yet I will tell you the ones
I  mention  are  superb  and  more  knowledgeable,  hard  working  and
dedicated  than  most  any  guys  I  know.  I  would  say they are all
passionate about the business to an extreme.  I am sure there are many
other's I've forgotten about forgive me.  Plus I do know of some newly
budding women traders who have sought myself and I'm sure others out,
picking brains and taking notes instead of yacking like me.

--
Thank You,
Mark Brown

ps  I have a new OddBall System which will be released in the May 2004
Issue  of  Active  Trader  magazine.  It  uses EOD data and trades the
standard  20  commodity basket of the magazines choice. It has history
behind  it  and  will  be intriguing. I have great gratitude to Volker
Knapp  of Wealth-Lab Inc. for taking the time to write the article and
detail it the way he did.