RE: hardware for TS7

If there older used crays maybe two would be more appropriate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy Snowden [mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:45 PM
To: ed; Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hardware for TS7

Better look at a used Cray.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

e> Hi everyone

e> Probably I am going to get TS7 or TS8? in mid summer.

e> My setup will be:

e> 3 radar screens with 500 symbols.
e> 1 dozen charts with few indicators each updating on every tick.

e> If anyone has a similar setup, I am interested to know
e> what hardware you are running on?(and what is your CPU utilization in
fast
e> markets?)

e> For my setup, do I need to go with dual xeon machine or fastest pentium
will
e> do?

e> Thanks in advance

e> Ed