From: "Chris Evans" <evanscje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 9:04 AM
Subject: Trading question

> Does anyone have an idea they would share or one they have read that tries
to solve the following problem:
>     If you are trying to build a system where a reversal approach seems to
work better than a breakout system and you have found an oscillator that
gives you decent oversold signals.  What is a way (the best way) to tell
when the signal is too early or the market is going to continue to break
down (if a buy has been signaled).
>     I have tried things like looking for the open to be> the close or a
moving avg of opens to flip above an average of closes (fails) .. I have
tried to look and see if the Osc. is oversold for N consec days then get
out.  I have tried waiting for the osc. to cross above an oversold level but
this can happen so late that the entry level is much worse. If you wait for
a cross above a level like say 10 (scale = 0-100) then you have a problem
picking that number since if you pick a very low level then you'll miss many
trades and if you pick a higher level that is too high then the osc. may
have to rally too far for a good signal to be given.