Re: Need fixed StandardError function

>   I always wondered why the calculations are single-precision.  That always
>   seemed stupid to me.
>
>Speed.

No, not speed.  Floating point math these days is almost always
handled by a math coprocessor (nearly all computers have had them
since the early 1990s) and math coprocessors are designed to run
optimally for double-precision math.

>plus most programmers are mathematically incompetent.

Well, there's that...  I see a number of functions in EL that look
like they were written by following a classical math textbook rather
than a book on efficient computer algorithms.

-A