TS-4 Server over LAN?

A few years back, there was some buzz on the O-List about installing the
TS-4 Server and TS4-Charting on two PC's then splitting the two Apps so
that the Server ran on one PC and Charting on the other, but still
communicated with each other over a LAN.

I've mapped the Charting PC to the Server PC and re-directed all the
various .INI Directory references in an attempt to "fool" TS into thinking
it is running on one PC, but I still get the message: "Server must be
running before charting can run"

Just curious if there might be any old-timers around who remember the
details of this kludge and if anyone actually got it working in the real world?

Thanks much in advance for any insights --