Re[2]: QuantStudio

Ivan,

You may need to work with TS2ki a bit more.  If I understand your list
of errors you believe TS2ki makes it seems that you are bending or
breaking the rules of EL or the program in general thus causing what
you call errors.  It takes a lot of knowledge about what you can do in
TS2ki to get honest results.  That is a big part of what the Omega
list is for.  List your problem and see how people on the list are
getting the program to do exactly what you want.

Below is the best I can do with out more info. on what you are
experiencing.  Perhaps others might be more helpful or maybe we will
need more information.

1. Changing the days to look back will throw your values off if they
have not had time to calculate properly.  My guess is you are causing
this problem and it takes some real effort to check the values out.

2. Here again with proper setup this should never happen to you.

3. Here you seem to not know how to check the results of your code.
I use the expert commentary a lot but others use different ways to be
sure the values are what you think they are.  Some export values to a
file others use the debug in the Power Editor.  Many times your system
will not give the results you expect because of the difference between
an indicator on the chart making it look like you should have a
signal,  but in fact your system shows different values then the
indicator when you look at them. Indicators will, if setup to,
automatically compute the number of bars to calculate on.  A system
must be setup to do this in max bars back.  The results should be
exactly the same if you have it setup correctly.

4. I don't have this problem, but if it does happen then why not keep
the scroll forced to the bottom.  Actually why do you want to look at
performance during the day.  This is when most of us trade.

5. Here you have a serious problem.  TS2ki loads data into a temp file
and does not need to reload old data to the chart.  To fix this we
would need to know a lot about your computer because you have a
serious problem.  Is the machine capable of keeping up.  What OS?
What version of TS2ki do you have?  When did this start?  Have you
done a clean install for TS2ki?  Are you downloading data all the time
or is your data feed working fine all the time?  Get TS2ki and the
computer to work properly before you attack any other problems.  Big
time red alert.

I would be very careful trading until I got everything fixed and learn
how to code TS2ki's way so things are repeatable and accurate.  That
stuff takes a long time to get right, but then I'm pretty slow maybe
it will go faster for you.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

Saturday, February 28, 2004, 1:12:39 PM, you wrote:

> [...]

View->>performance Report->daily Tab. Note the P/L. Now, go and bring up the

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton