Re: Divergence tool

Oh man you have banners on Hypersnap.  Got the newest version and
wont pay for it.  And how about that code it is nearly as bad as mine.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well you asked for it so I felt I should comply.

ACTUALLY THAT IS A PRETTY COOL IDEA.  THANKS.  Oh, and being fugal is
good.  Plus the code is fine by me plus I wouldn't have thought of it.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

Sunday, February 22, 2004, 1:30:12 AM, you wrote:

DC> Here is a handy little tool a la Gary Smith that measures divergence in a
DC> numerical rather than a visual fashion.  It compares the net change of the
DC> DJIA over the last NDays with the Net cahnge of the Nasdaq or SP or
DC> whatever over the last NDays.  It can help you tell which index will have
DC> the stronger move because it converts data2 into equivalent Dow points.

DC> Example, on the attached gif: at the yellow arrow, the 10 day net change of
DC> the Dow was -164 points, but the NDX net change when converted to Dow
DC> points was -1036 points.  In the coming weeks the Dow dropped 20% while the
DC> NDX dropped 28%

DC> David

DC> PS please don't make fun of my code and sorry for the banners on the gif

DC> User Function Net_Change:

DC> Inputs: Price(NumericSeries);

DC> Net_Change = Price - Price[1]

DC> Indicator NDay Net Change:

DC> {Compares the cumulative 10 day net change of the DJIA with that of any
DC> other index of lesser numeric value.
DC> Plot data1 as DJIA and data2 as NDX, SPX or Russell 2000}

DC> Inputs: Price1(C data1), Price2(C data2), SumLen(10);

DC> Plot1(Summation(Net_Change(Price1), SumLen));

DC> Plot2((C data1/C data2) * Summation(Net_Change(Price2), SumLen));

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton