Re: TWS via netDDE?

Justin,

I am using the demo Excel sheet found at
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?cgi-bin/apiBetaControl.pl~top.body

What I tried to do was substitute the usual username
cell with //computer/usename

I can pass DDE interprocess (same machine) without
a problem, but so far have not been able to establish
a netDDE connection from an Excel on one machine
to a TWS on another.  I've setup both DDEshare &
trusted, also tried NetBIOS straight & over IP.

I haven't used NetDDE before, so I'm not sure if I
am making a fundamental NetDDE flaw, or if this is
a TWS issue.

Have you tried a resource like this:
Creating a NetDDE Link in Excel on Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q128/4/91.asp
or others on the MS web site.

Have you tried something like a Google search for NetDDE?

You might also post your question to the xltraders discussion group on
yahoogroups.  Some subscribers to that group do some very sophisticated
things with Excel.

xltraders information:
The purpose of this list is to exchange ideas and techniques for using
Excel in trading. This includes VB/VBA code as well.