Re: Importing Tick data in Globalserver

Bing,

Hypertools has been giving their program away.  Works really well to
change a symbol name.  www.hypertrader.it

Or you can do what I used to do.  First copy your PDS folder out as a
backup in the even you mess up.  Then change the name of the symbol to
the old name then import the data.  BE SURE YOU ARE WORKING OFF LINE.
Then keep doing it until you change the name back to the current one.
Better make a list of the dates you want to export first and fix up
your data so you have exactly the dates exported you want to import.
Also be sure your current data is deleted on any overlap you don't
want to keep so the new data coming in replaces it.

I used to export all the data from the current symbol just in case I
made a mistake as I went along.  The PDS copy and the export should
keep you safe.  Pretty easy to mess up doing this stuff or at least
for me it was.  Hypertrader's program is the best solution.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

e> Hello all,

e> I have a number of emini s&p contracts months from
e> the past that i want to combine into a one single
e> continous contract (5min resolution).  But the
e> problem is importing to GS with 5minTICK data has
e> to be in XPO format and the symbol of the source
e> data has to be the same symbol as the target
e> otherwise the import will fail.

e> It looks like i may have to export the 5minTICK
e> data in XPO format, use some sort of tool to
e> convert to ASCII and do this to all the different
e> contracts and then combine all the separate ASCII
e> data into one continous contract and then use
e> another tool to convert the ASCII back to XPO and
e> import this final XPO into GS.

e> Does anyone know of such a tool (and where i may
e> get one) that can do this conversion: XPO ->
ASCII/ASCII ->> XPO.

e> Or does someone have a more intelligent solution?

e> Thanks for all in advance for responding!

e> Bing

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton