re: Minlist, Maxlist

Thanks to some suggestions I got around the problem of the max 25 variables
by using arrays, as in: maxlist(array1[0-7], array2[0-7],etc). (At least I
HOPE this is a working work-around, I haven't gotten around to testing it yet).

But I still don't know how to get around the fact that the furthest value
min-maxlist will look at is the second (second highest, second lowest). Can
anyone here think of a way around that? I imagine it should be possible to
code a function for this purpose, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to go
about it!

Thanks in advance.

Philip