Re: ADX formula

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:50:56 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know have a formula for calculation of
>ADX so that i can apply it on a 5min chart to
>determine whether ADX on the equivalent 30,60 min
>chart is above 30 threshold?
>
>For example, if I apply a Average(Close,240) on a
>5min chart it will plot  equivalent values as
>Average(Close,20) on a 60 min chart.  The reason
>why this works in this case is because Average is
>a linear function.  I cannot do the equivalent on
>ADX because it is non-linear.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Bing

Bing,

Open the chart in 3 diffrent timeframes. Using <F5>
PS calls the 1st chart data1 the 2nd chart data2 etc

When you need a value from the 30-min chart (data2)
To read a value from the 30 min chart just use something like: X= Close of data2

The following code plots a moving average of data1=5min and data2=30min
So the trick here is use "of data X"

I hope this helped a bit. Or even if it was what you asked for :-)

Regards,
Tony