From: "cwest" <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 7:44 AM
Subject: COT symbology ideas

> I’d appreciate any suggestions or ideas for a symbology framework that
might be adopted for historic Commitment Of Traders data. The CFTC simply
numbers their fields from 1 to 129. Here’s a file you can open in your
browser that includes field descriptions:
www.traders2traders.com/data/cotFieldsOrig.txt.

> To make it simple to plot this data I’d like to generate tables that store
the most popular or obviously useful fields in a price format. For example,
date, symbol, close. The close would be the values in given fields. Imagine
that there could be 20 symbols that represent 20 (different) fields.

> As all of the data will be inserted into UFDB (www.ufdb.com) as the CFTC
publishes it, making it available in a virtual price format to include in
indicators and studies would probably be the easiest way to retrieve it
without importing it into another data store (GS).