Re[2]: BMI datafeed

What are you saying?  Are you saying the Pacific Commware port stinks
and you get data at 460,800 on a different brand port?  The Pacific
Commware port works fine but it is TOO OLD.  Byterunner is probably
much better plus most new machine don't have ISA slots for Pacific
Commware ports.  However if you don't have a high speed port you will
not be able to run 460,800 and will lose zillions of ticks making DTN
sat. useless except for end of day traders.

I've used a Pacific Commware port for many years but I would never
suggest buying one now.  I quit DTN sat. so I use the HS port for my
ISDN line.  Big deal 128k on a 460,800 port for my backup internet
connection.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

c> I switched over to DTN sat from bmi sat months ago and I am saving about 100
c> a month plus the feed is much faster and more complete.  Dtn runs at 460800
c> with the 8080 box and if you go the serial card route forget about Pacific
c> Commware they are worthless and expensive.  I am running about 170,000
c> symbols with no real problems to speak of.

c> -----Original Message-----
c> From: Robert Scott [mailto:rlscott1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
c> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 1:57 PM
c> To: Omega-List
c> Subject: Re: BMI datafeed

c> I have received a couple of suggestions that I look into replacing the BMI
c> satellite feed with DTN and that certainly is a possibility.  What I would
c> like to find out is if there have been many problems running TS4 with DTN.
c> I know that there are at least several running this combination and I would
c> like to hear of your experiences.

c> Thanks,

c> ~Bob

c> ----- Original Message -----
c> From: "Timothy Morge" <timothymorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
c> To: "Robert Scott" <rlscott1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
c> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:21 AM
c> Subject: Re: BMI datafeed

>> You might look at DTN satellite.
>>
>> At 01:13 PM 1/22/2004, you wrote:
>> >  I have seen no mention of it on the list but the other day I received
>> >  notification that as of April 30th the BMI satellite feed will no
c> longer be
>> >  transmitted to me.  I can't believe that I'm the only one still
c> receiving
>> >  the BMI satellite feed so maybe only the equities portion of the feed
c> is
>> >  being discontinued.  It's hard for me to believe that no one else on
c> the
>> >  list has gotten this message.  I liked the feed because even though the
>> >data
>> >  is filtered and suffers some lag you can still get a "warm fuzzy"
c> because
>> >  you are not symbol limited as you are with internet based feeds.
>> >
>> >  ~Bob

c> ---

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton