RE: BMI datafeed

Bob

One of the few times I ever had to call tech support at BMI, I talked to a
fellow that had been there for years. He told me that no matter what you set
it to in TS, BMI, on satellite anyway, sends the data at 19k. I tried it. I
couldn't tell any difference in data received at 19k or 38k. So I figured he
must have been right.

GM

Hmmm, say what???  "still sending data at 19k".  Gee, I thought I was bad
off running at 38K.. and that is slow compared to 56K but I still remember
when I was *happy* with 300 baud and being able to watch the screen fill
with characters....

~Bob

> Bob
>
> I got the same letter, discontinuing the BMI data feed on April 30.
> Supposedly, because of how great E-Signal is, "the number of BMI
subscribers
> has decreased dramatically".
>
> More likely, the reason BMI subscribers "decreased dramatically," is
because
> E-Signal let the feed run down. It is still sending data at 19k, same as
it
> was 15 years ago. And I would imagine a large percent of those who left
BMI