Re: symbol change history

Colin,

Switch the GS to offline then change the symbol in your GS the day
before it changes in the market.  Many feeds will accept the change
and the new data comes in.

If you have DTN satellite then switch the GS to offline then change
the symbol to the new one and export all the data.  Then delete the
symbol and add the new one.  Then import the old data.

Did I understand the question?

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

c> Does anyone know of a source of historical symbol changes? I've
c> discovered that probably all data vendors change the symbols (for
c> stocks) when the exchanges do, but what about the history! For example
c> if I have downloaded 20 years of data for a given symbol, and it's
c> symbol subsequently changes I'm wondering how I'd reconcile the new
c> prices etc. to the old symbol.

c> Thanks in advance
c> Colin West

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton