Re: polite request for TRAD

Gary, [I'm cc-ing my reply to the o-list too]

>> You might try out this fix: http://unicorn.us.com/trading/tscrash.html
>
>VERY interesting!  I'll check out that shw32.dll fix ASAP.
>
>Re FreeMem:  I had the impression that these memory-recoverers
>were only of value for the win9x OS family, with it's laughably
>bad memory management.  I thought NT, W2k, and XP had things
>better under control.  But apparently you're seeing real benefits
>with FreeMem?

The person who conveyed the information to me said that the FreeMem
program is responsible for curing the majority (say 60% or more) of
his crashes.  He observed that using only the shw32.dll by itself
does help, but won't fix everything.  Since he now uses both, he
hasn't experienced a crash.

I (and he) are interested to know if anyone else observes what I
describe on that URL above; that is, if you click on "Allocate &
Free" in FreeMem, and subsequently read in a new workspace without
first shutting town TS2000i, there will appear to be a hole in the
data corresponding to the time period between clicking Allocate&Free
and loading in the new workspace.  GlobalServer is left running,
gathering real-time data during this time.

I have not been able to reproduce this, but then, I don't have a
real-time feed.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com