RE: Help choosing an online broker

Marc, TRAD has hired programmers.  Its development pace is carefully rapid.

Fix all bugs - "all" is impossible - if you think TS7 is buggy (it is
unusually free of bugs) try RealTick for a few months. If your expectations
are "all" there is no such nontrivial software, your expectations are
unrealistic and you will remain frustrated with all complicated, useful
software, the rest of your life. Every version of Windows comes with
thousands of bugs.  Same for Office.  Same for ERP systems.  UNIX flavors.
Etc.

TS2000i?  Not going to happen. Its a dead product, however poorly that was
handled.  Try TS7.

Boycott and blacklist? Likely depends upon your being objective, rational,
accurate.  Think TRAD is unreasonable, arrogant? Try Townsend Analytics,
Terra Nova, ARCA triad of companies for a while.  I don't know how Omega
was, nor how much differently managed and staffed TS and TSS are, but they
have 10,000+ customers, second to RealTick, among the firms that report
active customers.  There are extraordinarily few disgruntled customers
(there are always folks at the extreme edges of any sample or set) evident
with the current TSS and TS.

Fact is , the old TS4 was horribly obsolete and, like TS2000i, had to be
substantially rearchitected, rewritten into TS6 now TS7, to become
competitive with TickQuest, Linn Software, Townsend Analytics, NexTrend and
the other 45 or so real time trading packages.

Data feeds are now direct with the exchanges and TS. Plus there have been
many, many other major improvements.

I understand bitterness by anyone who purchased TS4 or TS 2000i for $4k,
only to find out that investment was not going to be supported via future
releases and upgrades that you can obtain as an upgrade (purchase) cost,
versus the monthly leases now done.  Omega/TS should have done something
(maybe they did, maybe they did not, I do not know) to help the software
purchasers avoid losing that investment.

The TS that I deal with, has honest, responsive, no-B.S. people without a
trace of arrogance so far (been using TS for about 18 months)..   Might not
be the same management, same people that gave Omega a probably deserved poor
reputation.

Vince Heiker
Flower Mound, Texas