Re: A new dawn in data feeds?

Justin, just one comment:

>The problems with all feeds breaks into a few major categories:
>
>A) No ability to detect corrupt data (to customer) ;
>B) Lack of ability to re-transmit corrupt data ;
>C) Pipe to the customer to small ;
>D) Pipe to Exchange/up-stream provider to small ;
>E) Erroneous post processing of quotes ;
>F) Deliberate decision to drop data (see C & D) ;
>G) No redundancy in one-way protocol (satellite/pager/FM) ;
>H) Poor SDK/API support if any ;
>I) Win32 platform only ;
>J) No published figures on data loss & error rate.

Me, I wouldn't mind getting a datum every 0.3 seconds similar
to what Interactive Brokers gives, BUT it's important that it
ISN'T a snapshot.  Rather, each datum needs to summarize the last
interval as open, high, low, close, etc that occurred within the
last interval.  I can work with that.  I don't need each and every
tick.  Heck even having OHLC + ticks + volume every 1 second would
suffice.

A feed like that would be valuable, and even usable on small
customer pipes.

-Alex