RE: Re[2]: Silver Prices

Hi Ross,

If you read Alex's email it seems it is pretty vital which format you
use to plot your historical prices.  I don't know what a Reverse
Adjusted chart is...but with a simple spot continuation there should be
no adjustment..it is simply a contract that uses the spot contract until
it expires when we switch to the next contract month.  That means you
will always see what the actual price was at that time.
What was the price on 21/1/80?  I hae no idea off hand...its been a long
time since I looked.   Its academic.  I saw preices in 1980 exceed $50.
I have seen many charts which showed as such.  Not adjusted ones...but
actual charts of silver. It wasn't there long mind you, and was followed
by many limit down days, just as it had on the upside.  Never seen
anything like it since...although I pity those poor souls who were long
Live Cattle last week...5 limit down days..OUCH!

Adrian