Re: Silver Prices

Ross,

>I just put up a non-adjusted Silver chart and it shows 41.50 on
>1/21/1980.
>
>That is using Pinnacle continuous data which is *not* back adjusted in
>any way so I guess that was the high price of all time.

This is confusing me.  I use Pinnacle also.  My reverse-adjusted silver
data goes to $53 on 1/21/1980.

My ratio-adjusted silver data goes to about $24 on that date.

I was under the impression that ratio adjustment was simply a
weighted average of the current contract and the next out-month
contract, weighted according the position of the current date
relative the the prior and next rollover dates.  As such, the ratio
adjusted data should be very close to the actual futures price no
matter how far back in history you go.

This is what I thought -- I have been using ratio-adjusted data
as an approximation for the cash market as a means to generate
signals far back in history.  I use that for signals, and use the
reverse-adjusted data for trading.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com