Re: Is it just me, or is the market dead?

> Just bringing up a year-old thread, maybe stimulate a discussion.
> Very different picture this year though ...

Yes indeed.  I re-ran that calculation with data (daily SP, not
SPY) up through yesterday.  (And this time I made sure to use
non-adjusted data. :-)

      Avg Daily     Avg
        Range      Price     Rng/Price
1998    17.64     1091.53     1.62%
1999    20.85     1333.98     1.56%
2000    26.36     1439.12     1.83%
2002    19.89      994.76     2.00%
2003    14.52      936.73     1.55%

So the current ranges are lower in absolute terms and in % of
price terms than we've seen since 1997.  How low will they go?
Who knows.  I wouldn't expect them to go back to the pre-1997
levels of 0.75% ranges.  It's a different world now.

Gary