Tick and minute bars

I'm putting up a tick chart and a 5 minute bar
interval chart, built from 1 minute data, side by
side and scrolling through with a global cursor.
I'm not seeing the cursor on the 5 min bar chart
change from one bar to the other when I would
expect it should. For example I am scrolling
across the tick chart one tick at a time and I
see the time change from 09:34 to 09:35 on the
tick bar. The cursor on the 5 minute chart won't
move over to the next bar until the cursor is
moved to the next tick, which can also have 09:35
as it's time. It should move at the first tick
into the new bar I should think, not the second?
I'm puzzled (some more).

Max

=====
"The race may not always go to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but it is the way to bet"