Re: redrawing charts....

Alex Matulich wrote:

> I WISH tradestation would update strategies every tick.  I have
> a lot of uses for that.  People will argue that this will end up
> placing lots of orders that whipsaw in and out during a bar's
> formation, and I say that's bull****.  All TS needs to do on each
> tick is to reset the bars and strategy calculations, but NOT reset
> the state variables like MarketPosition.  So if an order gets filled
> inside a bar, on the next tick your strategy would be able to
> account for that.

Allright. Understand your reasons for wanting to be updated
every tick. Indeed i am one of the persons who would argue
with you exactly for the reasons you say but you have found
a nice "workaround" if the signals would indeed update every
tick.

On your backtesting however you would alway's need to backtest
using tick resolution because else in your case it might be that
a signal that is there in real time does not occure using your
10 minute bars.

I mist say that your "use" is more subjective than my use. I just
use it to prepare my orders or else i would be to late with placing
my orders (i use a dutch broker who has a slow web interface
and no integration with automation whatsoever) and the difference
would be ranging from a 30 seconds to 3 minutes when getting
my order in TS and actualy having it on the floor. My orders
therefore will be the same as the TS order.

You might place an order that on the end of the bar is not showing
in TS anymore. And even if it is, the order price would be different
than the price you would see in TS. Based on your experience you
know it's a good thing to do it the way you do it but I can understand
you would like to see it possible in TS to backtest what you are doing :-)

greetings