Re: Globex changes

> Since today is the day that the new Globex times go into effect, I
> was wondering how exactly to change the times within the emini
> Session Times window so they agree (for day only and for the 24 hr).
> Does anyone have a clue what the settings will be & exactly how to
> make them in TS200i?

CME website
(http://www.cme.com/abt/news/03-121GlobexHours4431.html) says:
  5:30pm Sunday to 3:15pm Monday
  3:30pm Mon-Thu to 3:15pm next day, with a halt at 4:30-5:00pm

Why CME bothers to open from 3:30 to 4:30 is beyond me.  Why not
just schedule your 30min maintenance while you're already shut
down, and stay open continuously from 4pm to 3:15pm?

This is basically the same as it has been, except the market
reopens at 3:30 instead of 3:45.  There always was a halt in
trading in the night session, but it was at 10-11pm so a lot of
people didn't notice.  TS never bothered with the 10-11pm
shutdown so I see no reason to bother with it now.  (And you
can't anyway because TS can only handle 2 sessions.)

For TS2k all you need to do is change the 3:45 2nd-session start
times on Mon-Thu to 3:15.  In Global Server, select a @ES symbol,
right-click and select "edit symbol's root," go to "Sessions"
tab, and in the first "Time" column change all 15:45 times to
15:30.

At least that's how it works with TS2k GS for DTN.  I assume
other feeds will be the same or similar for TS2k.  No idea for
TS6/7 but I would think TRAD would handle that.

Gary