Re: tradestation under non-window os

If you can stomach ~ US$2,000/m you could use SUN Solaris Bloomberg,
it has a reasonable proprietary graphing package, online execution
etc.

http://about.bloomberg.com/blpsupport/download/sotrcomp/solaris.html

Personally, I think TS sealed their fate when they decided not to
make 2000i multi-CPU aware.  You have to appreciate if you start
stacking OS layers on top of each other your overall application
efficiency is going to go through the floor.  Most of the guys I
know who run VMware say to expect ~ 50% efficiency (CPU) drop.

Justin

---

Brad Yoneoka wrote:

with the recent hacker attacks on microsoft-based pcs, we are all
looking at improving our security, such as in transferring to
non-microsoft-based software.

has anyone had any luck with other than windows os for running ts
products?  for ex, sun microsystems looks serious about providing an
alternative to windows os with their java desktop system running on
linux os.

would love to hear of your experiences.

regards,
brad yoneoka