Re: Re[2]: eSignal decimals

Is it free to vote in the poll?

Kent Rollins

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "wireless wireless" <wirelessquotes@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:34 PM
Subject: Re[2]: eSignal decimals

Hello wireless,

it's not the futures it's the futures options which must have the
decimals. and to be quite honest it would no surprise me that your
customers voted to keep it as is. that just reinforces what i know
about the experience level of the majority of your users.

you will note that even ts2000i takes your data and adds decimals to
it so that you can use the option data intelligently. when you choose
to become a ts competitor and not remain a data vendor you have to
step out and take responsibility for more than raw data.

ww> We are reviewing this. CQG and Globex terminals don't have
ww> decimals either.

and how many customers do they have? ;) is that what your shooting
for? while all the other data vendors do have decimals.  i guarantee
you that the floor down there where you trade has decimals!  but of
course you wouldn't know that being a corporate paid executive.

ww> Many other venders do, so its a mixed bag. We are going to ask our
ww> users what they think about it.

problem is most your users don't know anything - so you are tailoring
a perpetual pitfall.  futures trading is hard enough to learn without
companies like esignal not correctly sending data in the same format
which it is traded on and electronic screen or in the pit.

ww> I'd also prefer it in decimals, but the last time we reviewed this
ww> our customers voted to keep it as is.

i wonder why stock traders have choose to have decimals and futures
traders to not have decimals, come on.

i guess all your users voted to have a REGIONAL FEE ALSO?

ww> Chuck
ww> @eSignal

--
Thank You,