DTN Satellite Customers and the Hurricane

DTN is providing an alternative delivery mechanism for customers who may
be effected by the approaching Hurricane.  Current forecasts show that the

worst of the storm should stay 35-40 miles East of our uplink provider.
Obviously, the possibility for rainfade is still there.  We have been on
the phone with the uplink provider and were informed that their system
will automatically increase power if needed from its normal 70watts up to
1600watts.  This should be enough power to transmit through most storms.
If this is not enough power, they may be able to increase the power an
additional 400watts for a total of 2000watts.  Because there is no
guarantee that the storm won't cause a data outage, we are providing
backup Internet services.

DTN feels it is best to be pro-active in working with our customers to
ensure uninterrupted service.  This is why our support reps are busy
making outbound calls to all of our Real-Time satellite data customers as
well as providing information via force pages to our products.  Because
any potential weather related outage will only effect a limited number of
our customers, we are not placing instructions on our general website.

We do have tick data available in comma delimited format should an outage
occur.   This data will be available free of charge to customers who need
to fill holes in their data-stores.  It is my understanding that Omega
doesn't provide an import method for tick data from a comma delimited
file. But, with the resources of this group, I am sure someone will be
able to provide any conversion tools necessary.

If you have not received a call already, feel free to contact customer
support in order to obtain instructions on receiving a backup Internet
account during the storm.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Product Operations
DTN Market Access, LLC.