Off topic

I''m having trouble with blue screen reboots on my win2000 machine, which
up to now has been very rare. Performace is deteriorating. I've already
verified I'm virus-free, so it's not the Blaster or SoBig, etc. After lots
of sleuthing it appears I've got a flakey IE6 browser that never finished a
previous update patch. Everytime I try to do the update it says I need to
finish the previous update and reboot. Downloading & rebooting doesn't
help. I'm caught in a loop.

I was told by someone to just uninstall IE, but that's not really an option
since it's such an integral part of the OS. Is there some way to install
over what I've got to clean up my corrupted browser? Any assistance will be
appreciated.

Thanx,

Michael