Re: Does anybody have personal experience with Minerva Forex Fund

  • To: "daver" <daver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Does anybody have personal experience with Minerva Forex Fund
  • From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:41:19 -0700

> I am thinking of entering a small position with Minerva Forex
> (www.minervaforex.com) - they execute funds on account with
> hotspotFx.com.   Their website doesn't publish actual
> trading results, nor references.

Probably because they don't have much.  Their "Performance" page
says:

> The historical performance of the Minerva Currency Fund, through May
> 2003, is based on a simulated trading account using our proprietary
> trading model. The simulation spanned a 14 month period, and is for
> illustration purposes only. All results from June 2003 forward will
> represent actual trading results using the identical model.

And that's without fees.  They don't say whether they included
anything for slippage.

So all they have is 14 months of hypothetical backtested results
and 3-4 months of actual trading.  Not clear whether they have
any experience managing customer money, nor whether they've ever
even traded successfully in their own accounts for that matter.

Doesn't sound like someplace I'd put *my* money, certainly not
without a whole lot more research.

Gary