RE: Severe Symbol Limitation & Region Fee with Answer from Wireless Wireless

Hello List,

I sent the following to Chuck at eSignal after reading his response to Mark
Brown's thread of late August regarding symbol limitations & region fees.
I am also posting Chuck's response.
I will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Chuck,

Whether Mark Brown is or is not making millions is completely irrelevant.
It's all
about fairness and good business practice. I personally am not making
millions but I am keeping my head respectably above water and I must work
relatively hard on a daily basis to do so. I might also add that it's mostly
uphill.
In order to feed my 2000i platform I have subscribed to eSignal since 2001,
US stocks, domestic & foreign futures. I was using BMI, a loyal subscriber
since 1989, but at the behest of there parent DBC they stopped adding new
symbols i.e.. Globex Currencies, etc. Then they dropped Forex, LIFFE and
Eurex in a big push to force loyal subscribers like myself into the flagship
eSignal product. How unfortunate. The BMI service was 24/7 set it and forget
it good. I never had to touch a thing and TS added and expired future
symbols automatically, over 2000 in the portfolio on average.
At this point I could not agree more with Mark. I have unfortunately been
paying the ridiculous Region Fee for some time, why? I don't know! I can
access almost any region on the planet via the internet and not pay a region
fee. I do know that I pay the monthly DBC subscription fee of $185.00 that
limits me to a whopping 500 symbols. If I want 500 more then zingo
again...... What about getting the 2000+ symbols or so that I was use to???
I also pay the exchange fees for the LME, LIFFE, CME, CBOT, COMEX, NYMerc,
EUREX, NASDAQ, AMEX, & NYSE. On top of that I am also expected to pay an
additional fee for Indices and Index Values to some of the exchanges that I
already subscribe to, they are Eurex STOXX Indexes, FTSE Index Values & S&P
Cash Indexes. Let's not even touch Forex.
I read Mark Brown's list contribution of today Sept. 03 and can only say
Mark, Here, Here!........  You are Right On The Mark.
My current eSignal subscription is for my main office and I recently
installed a Tradestation set up at my home and was faced with the thought of
a second subscription to feed it, Yikes.......
Fortunately I saw a bit of information on the Omega List that made me do
some investigating.
eSignal might not have there cake and eat it too for very long.
I must happily admit that I recently began using a nice little program that
takes data from my IB Workstation and allows my 2000i to access it directly.
It has been a little more work to set it up but I see light at the end of
the tunnel.
I also have been hearing allot about increased worker productivity in this
recovery............

Regards

Randolph M. Hoffman

Chuck's Response:

Randolph,

We are always reviewing our pricing. The point was
getting international data was expensive and we are
trying to cover our costs. The regional fee will
probably go away as we continue to go global as it
messy.

We are also providing a free plug in to load intraday
and history data for TS2000i users. We purchased this
at great cost and are providing it for free to our
customers of TS2000i. Please check it out and let me
know what you think:

http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=Active-X%20Plugin%20for%20Tradestatation&groupid=135

It may solve you 2 location problem.

Chuck