From: Ian Waugh [mailto:ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 9:58 AM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Best fir sine wave

This is probably a long shot - or a complex one.

Working on some cycle stuff and have an indicator that plots a few
wiggles on the graph. Is there such a thing as a formula for a best fit
sine wave, maybe along the lines of a best fit (linear regression) line?
I'd like to apply this to the indicator to 'smooth out' the bumps and
adjust the plot so it's more sine-like.

Hope that's clear.

If no such thing exists, that's fine but I thought I'd ask.

Ian