Re: Re[8]: EOD US Stock data

From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> tsn> It's like when i go buy a sandwich in a sandwich shop. I pay for
> tsn> one sandwich so that will be what i will get.
>
> NO CSI is like someone who sells you a sandwich with everything on it,
> like triple meat patty, four slices of cheese, onion rings, halapano
> peppers, chili sauce and more.  imagine this sandwich 8 inches in
> diameter and 8 inches tall.  you pay for the sandwich and now you
> learn that you can only take a bite out of it once every day.

Bites being symbols you can download.... I know i payed for only
like 65 symbols a day and since i am not so big and don't have
a big apatite that is enough for me indeed.

> now maybe to a newborn (read newbie)

Or a small person who just doesn't need more ?? (don't realy like
to be called newbie :-)

> this one bite per day is all you
> need, want, comprehend and you are perfectly happy not knowing or
> caring that the other 7 1/2 pounds of sandwich is going to waste.

For me it's not going to waste, i just will never need it so i will keep
it in the refrigirator. If i will ever need it i can use up to 10 years of
history, again being enough for my apatite.

> but someone 6'9" and 333 pounds may need a little more substance that
> one bite per day.

Agree, and i know you are a heavy dude indeed so you probably will
need 3 sandwiches for breakfast and lunch and probably even more
for dinner.

> plus i might add they may get all pissed off at the
> waste of food and the misrepresentation of something BEING SOLD and
> NOT DELIVERED.
>
> so if you sell data you darn well deliver it and not make limitations
> upon what the courts have declared public domain information anyway.

Public domain... another word for "Free". My understanding is that maybe
the data is public domain but what i pay for is service. Service of
maintaining
servers, updating the data, me not needing to take care of splits or
rollovers
etc.

For me that's worth the 25 dollars i pay for for my 65 symbols wich are
more than enough to satisfy my appatite.

But again, every trader is different. Be glad we are not all like you, else
you would not make any money anymore. So have a little respect sometimes
for all those guy's on the other end of the playing field :-)

Greetings