Re: Re[6]: EOD US Stock data

From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> tsn> Apperantly you look at so much symbols, i don't. No idea what
> tsn> Mark Morrisey intends to do with it but i can not imagine that
> tsn> he, like you, would also want to download 60.000 symbols a day.
>
> i just get tired of people telling me that some service that i have
> used for 15 years or more is good when i know just about everything
> about every data vendor who has been around anytime at all.

If you are under the impression i am trying to do just that, you are
unfortunatly wrong. Problem is, the more messages you post, the
clearer your first message gets. I just interpret the messages as good
as i can with the information you provide.

> my point is THIS!

Lets see if it gets clear to me now. (forgive me that i am so dumb
to not see it the first time :-)

> IF YOU PAY FOR DATA YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET IT!
>
> if csi charges you for data then you should be able to get every
> symbol you are paying for.  this should not be a limitation of the
> software or the intelligence of the vendor you are buying it from.

Agree. I pay for 60 symbols and, as far as i can tell, i am getting
those symbols every day within a few minutes.

> the worst offenders that fall into this category are esignal end of
> day (pay for everything get 50 symbols) and futuresouce (pay for
> everything and get 300 symbols) a 1 minute 5 minute 60 minute daily or
> the sp just ate up 4 of your 300 symbols.

See, this is where I did not realy understand you. (Allthough you
are getting clearer and clearer with every message.) You mean, you have
payed for the S&P so why should you pay again if you donwload
the 1 minute or 5 minute data. Well, you are right about that but i
must say that i have never had problems with the 500 symbols
limit of my RT E-signal. Personaly i had the idea that you were
allowed to receive 500 symbols at 1 moment so if you would download
history using a special program and it would download the data one
by one you would not have any problems with the limits (It say's
500 at a time and not 500 per day on the website) But since you
are again the guy with the experience, you might be right about
it. I can not confirm or argue against it other than i see from their
website.

Considering EOD data you probably would not have that problem
unless you want to have the same contract in several way's (like
back adjusted and not backadjusted being two symbols you
download)

Personaly i just think that you get what you pay for. If you start
with the service you know in advance you will just get the number
of symbols you pay for (E-signal being 500, the CSI subscription
i have being 65)

It's like when i go buy a sandwich in a sandwich shop. I pay for
one sandwich so that will be what i will get. No more, and if all
goes right, no less. And if the sandwich can be with either mayonaise
or mustard or ketchup, after i have chosen the mayonaise, i am
not entitled to also get the mustard and the ketchup just because
the sandwiches have the same name.

So why would it be different with historical data as with sandwiches....

See, i understand you better every message. I just keep on seeing
it in a different way. No traders are alike apperantly. Probably it's
your years of experience that make you see it better than i do since
i don't have those experiences wich you discribe.

greetings