Re: What's it doing?

Ian:

>A conundrum, then...

Sort of.  I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this sort
of thing before, and knew how to calculate the trigger lines.
Unfortunately I can't.  I downloaded the 5-year history into Excel
and did some experiments.  I first thought they were pivot-point
levels, but they're not.  They use the direction of the bar somehow:
if it's a "down bar" (i.e. close<open) then the trigger point
projections are down, if it's an "up bar" the projections are up.

>I think the animation is a bit misleading. I think it was done for

I didn't see any animation.  Proxomitron filters those out for me and
converts them to links.  Ah... yes, not particularly useful.

>effect, not necessarily to show 'proper' trades. I assumed it was using
>price projection (rather than bands) but I could be wrong. Was hoping
>the collective might of the assembled could shed some light.

It *is* using price projection.  Just the fact that an up bar gives
an upward projection and a down bar gives a downward projection
should tell you that.

-Alex