From: Preston Morrow [mailto:prestonm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 12:15 AM
To: LIST - Omega
Cc: Morrow, Preston
Subject: 100% cpu usage

so, did we ever determine what causes (within TS 2000i) the cpu to lock 90%
of the time on 100% usage???

it takes 4 to 6 seconds for a TS command to take place,... such as changing
workspaces or moving a trend line... or  drawing an arrow..., etc.

going off line in the server seems to largely return cpu speed to normal

I have a 2.4 Gh AMD with one gig of RAM... lawsy me!!! what if I were on my
old 386?!

any ideas?  I collect data on cme & cbot, a few options, as well as a few
stocks... around 6000 symbols total.  the problem began suddenly about
3-weeks ago & has not subsided.  I do a regular scandisk, delete tmp files
(each one to two weeks) & do a nightly DisKeeper defrag.  have 3+ Mb paging
file size & over 90 gigs of free HD space.  a mystery to me.  have not tried
reinstalling 2000i... yet.

thanx, preston morrow