Re[6]: How to minimize Data Loss in TS4 server?

List,

After a private discussion with the program's author,Bob Scott,I have
decided to offer a public notice that I will not be distributing his
Defrag program for TS2Ki any longer.

Apparently I misunderstood the following excerpt from a message dated
12/04/03 sent to me by him along with the latest version release of
the program,
**
Quote-"This is the latest TS2Ki version and hopefully the last.  Just Unzip the
attached file to any folder on your TS2ki PC and run the utility and it
should auto sense where TS2ki is installed and set up an INI file."
**

The included documentation with the program also seems optimistic.

I have used the program successfully since the above release date
without any problems.

However it is my understanding that approximately a month after the release,a
trader who had close to 50,000 data files in his portfolio,had a GS crash.The
cause of this problem was undetermined,so it possibly was just a GS overload
thing.Nonetheless,Bob's Tick Compactor had been used on that machine in the
past and ........

Good trades to all,
Carl