Re: Ticks and minutes

Ian:

>If I write a system to buy and sell at specific prices on the next bar,
>will TradeStation (2000i) take into account the price progression
>according to the ticks when calculating the orders?

Yes.

>I seem to recall that TS does some jiggery-pokery and assumes that
>prices closest to the open will be transacted first and those closer to
>the close transacted second.

That's true only if the only data available is the O,H,L,C data.

>But if you actually have tick data, will the trades be executed in
>the correct order?

Yes.  From page 127 of the TS2000i EL reference manual (emphasis
mine):

"When tick data is NOT available, TradeStation makes certain
assumptions about how each price bar was formed. These bar
assumptions apply only when the Trading Strategy uses stop and/or
limit orders; they do not apply when it includes only on close or at
market orders...."

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com