RE: Simulator? (A simple solution)

Joe,

I was looking for the same thing for TS6.  There are many
ideas out there on how to simulation using other systems.
However, some reasons one may want to stick with TS2000i or
TS6 are:
1) one wants to use the same system for simulation as you
use for trading
2) one wants to use the same indicators created in TS.

Here is the simple solution.  Use macro utility and create a
macro to work the chart:
* Have a chart ready with a different symbol then the one
you want to simulate
* The macro prompt you for symbol and # of bars back to
start simulation.
* Don't look at the chart until the Macro signals you with a
sound alert
* The macro will take the chart back to where you want to
start
* It runs forward the chart by bar at the speed you specify.

This is far from perfect, I would like to find a better way.
In the meantime, this simple soltion partly serves the
purpose.

The macro utility I use is MacroExpress
(http://www.macros.com/).  You can get a 30 day free trial.
I can send you a sample macro.