RE: CUSTOMER NUMBER...CODE

Just fyi - I did a quick search on Diamond Lock and found a key generator -
if that works then it doesn't offer any protection - just an observation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Fritz [mailto:fritz@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 5:34 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CUSTOMER NUMBER...CODE

> Try a product called diamondlock from Investlabs. As far as I know
> that's the most safe security available.

Probably overkill for her needs, though.  I think a properly DL'd
system would be pretty tough to crack, but it is a royal PITA to
do it.  The DL operators are extremely low-level, like assembly
language.  The process of converting EL to DL is incredibly
labor-intensive and error-prone.  Plus there's the cost of buying
the DL product itself.  I wouldn't go to that much trouble unless
I was thinking of selling the system or otherwise distributing it
to people I didn't trust (brokers, whatever), and in that case
I'd consider other options.

Gary