Re: Totally bizarre xAverage results

In a message dated 8/6/03 12:02:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Then I paste my indicator code into a signal, comment out all the
 plot statements, and append a couple buy and sell conditions.
 Otherwise the signal code is identical to my indicator code.  The
 value of MA on the same bar is now 931.56 - several points different
 from the other two results!

 Has anyone noticed such dramatic inconsistencies from the same
 calculation between indicators and signals?  From code that's
 essentially identical?

 --
   ,|___    Alex Matulich -- alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >>

Alex,

The first place I look when such things occur in my work is at the settings
for things such as maxbarsback .... anything that would make the data set
accessed by the indicator differ from that accessed by the signal.  This is
particularly true with a function like xaverage for which a value at a particular bar
is dependent on its values for many many many previous bars, extending in
principle all the way back to the first data point in the set.

Lee Scharpen