Something's wrong: RSI vs RSIClassic

Has anybody ever compared the output of the RSI to RSIClassic functions?

For example (using lookback of 6 bars):

    Price      RSI      RSIClassic
    984.50     32.46     18.18
    984.25     28.74     20.00
    984.50     37.35     37.50
    984.75     45.29     28.57
    984.75     45.29     28.57
    985.00     53.73     42.86
    985.00     53.73     75.00
    984.75     43.96     75.00

Not even close to being the same!

So the question becomes: which is the "correct" RSI?  And why?

It looks like TS tried to take some short cuts with the RSI
function, updating a couple of running averages without
recalculating them afresh on each bar.  The result looks like it
uses exponential averages instead of just sums. Anybody have any
thoughts?

This has bedeviled me all day (why my own code, which has its own
RSI calculations, isn't working how I expect), until I just now
plotted them out together.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com