Re: Quantitative trading / TS alternative

From: "Alex Matulich"

> Yes it's an alternative, if you're willing to get sucked into
> Microsoft's .NET framework.  Also, from the link above:

This is a matter of opinion, really ;-). I'm a Java guy myself and like C++
on Unix a lot.

> I have to pay a monthly fee just to use software that *I* write?
> That's not a viable alternative to writing DLLs for TS2000i.

You can just as well run your trading systems in QuantStudio Scripting
Edition. This would be most like TS2K. You can hook up DLLs from within
QuantStudio Scripting but to write them you would need Visual C++. The
scripts are compiled internally anyway. The license fee with Pro is for
using our libraries. And TS2K does not come with FIX, at least I don't
believe so.

    Joel