Re: OT: Stupid Trader Mistakes and other Hacker Stories

> I have a better story.  I have a hotmail account with an eight
> character name (not a word).  I only use it when traveling
> internationally.  Only my best friends know that email address.
> I check it just often enough to keep it active.  It does get
> some spam occasionally, so there must be some way for spammers
> to grab all hotmail addresses, or they send very high volumes
> of email to randomly generated addresses @hotmail.com.

Of this I have no doubt - or IPS security is non-existent - take your
pick!

I have an account with BT - yep the UK telecomms co - which I *never*
use. Never! Just log on to pick up BT invoices from it - yet it still
receive spam. Go figure as you say...

Ian