Re: o.t network connection question

Jim & List,

I was "just"struggling with the same issue this
weekend only my issue was one computer was WIN98 and
the other "new" computer (I was trying to move all my
important files and folders to it) was Win XP are the
two NOT compatible for networking I could make one
computer View and share files ONE way, but could not
Pull or "move" the files to the computer that was the
new one????/

I too would appreciate any suggestions?

John Armstrong

--- Jim Booner <jim_booner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> just a question, how can I connect 2 computers via
> ethernet?
> I have a desktop and a notebook, both with Win2000
> and an ehternet card. I
> use an ISDN connection from both pc's to the
> internet with no static ip
> adress.
> Cann I just connect the two pc's with an ehternet
> cable? What else do I have
> to install or configure?
> Or is there somewhere an internet side where I can
> read some installation
> guide on how I can do filesharing over 2 pc's?
> thanks
> Jim
>

> ---
>
> Überprüft durch AVG Antivirus System
> (http://www.grisoft.com/de).
> Version: 6.0.495 / Virendatenbank: 294 -
> Erstellungsdatum: 30.06.2003

=====
John Armstrong - Business Development Mngr.
Redwood Trading LLc
160 Pine Street, Ste# 720
San Francisco, CA 94111
ph#: 415-946-3180  cell#: 831-818-9572