Expert Commentary for Input

I know it is possible to use the Expert Commentary feature of Tradestation
to provide input to an indicator.

For example there are indicators that require you to place a text character
on a particular bar,
the chandelier stop indicator I have requires you to put a "L" or "S" on
the bar you want it to plot long or short from. You then apply the
indicator which scans the chart for text characters.

I know that this can be done by applying an indicator and then using the
Expert Commentary to click on a bar that you would like a computation to
take place from. In the above example it would take the place of using an
"L" , the chandelier indictor I mentioned would have to be made into 2
indicators one for long and the other for short.

I was doing a proof of concept of this in TS 2000i, but just plotting one
dot on the bar I clicked on.
This worked in a strange way. The Expert Commentary would appear and I
would click it closed. They was nothing on the screen. I then expanded
another window over Tradestation, and when I brought Tradestation back into
view the dot was there. This behavior was consistent, the chart had to be
covered up and uncovered for the plot to appear. Like a refresh of some
type. This was on a static chart (not live data). This means that the dot
was somehow plotted, but needed some type of refresh to be seen. But it
wasn't the redraw - reload function in Tradestation, it was just covering
it up and uncovering it.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I haven't tried this on TS-6 or
TS-7 as I do these experiments on Ts 2000i.

Thanks

Steve