Re: global server problem help

Doug,

Your data is corrupt.  Let it run until it has reindexed the data.  In
Win2000 you can open the task manager and choose the processes tab.
You will see Server and that is the GS server.  If you enable more
columns in the processes tab you can see I/O write bytes.  On the line
for Server you will see it steadily grow until the reindexing is
complete.  The time it takes is based on how much data you have.  Mine
Example if you add up all the .dat files in the PDS folder and have 10
gig of data then you might see the write bytes file grow to 50 gig of
data written.  This would take about 5 or so hours on my computer.
All these are really rough numbers.

dc> I try to open global server 2000i and get opening event log tab it goes
dc> about halfway and stops nothing happens and I have to end it. anyone have
dc> any ideas on what caused this all of a sudden?  it is sp5 on win 2000 pro
dc> ---

--
Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden                          mailto:@aledobb.com